“COME HOLY SPIRIT COME BY MEANS OF THE POWERFUL INTERCESSION OF THE IMMACULATE HEART OF BLESSED VIRGIN MARY YOUR WELL BELOVED SPOUSE”
MESSAGE OF OUR LADY OF KANJIKODE
XXVI 24 March 1998 : Message given by Jesus on the eve of the feast of the Annunciation.
Children, this is the time to prepare and to be prepared. You who were born from nothing, when you return with nothing, do not go leaving nothing for this world. Let your good deeds be examples for your successors. Had you been deaf or dumb, I would not have had to ask you much about settling your accounts! But having been created as perfect individuals why do you walk away from me? You must imitate the life my mother lived from the moment she received the Word of God. Receive the Word and live in a manner that yields fruit. Breaking the walls of worldliness, sanctify yourselves for the Lord and save souls. Your life is the repetition of my life. Pray, repent and do penance.
|The First Luminous MysteryTHE BAPTISM OF THE LORD
Spiritual Fruit: Gratitude for the gift of FaithThe Second Luminous MysteryTHE WEDDING OF CANA
- John is baptizing in the Jordan proclaiming a baptism of repentance.
- “I am the voice of one crying in the desert, make straight the way of the Lord.”
- “One mightier than I is coming after me.”
- “I have baptized you with water, He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”
- Seeing Jesus, John exclaims: “Behold the Lamb of God.”
- Against protests of his unworthiness, John baptizes Jesus in the Jordan.
- After Jesus’ baptism a voice from Heaven: “This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased.”
- The Spirit descends upon Jesus in the form of a dove.
- In this heavenly manifestation is instituted the sacrament of baptism.
- The divine Trinity is manifested: the voice of the Father is heard as the Spirit descends upon the Son.
Spiritual Fruit: FidelityThe Third Luminous MysteryTHE PROCLAMATION OF THE KINGDOM
- Jesus, His Mother and disciples were invited to a wedding in Cana.
- During the wedding feast the wine ran short.
- Mary turned to Jesus: “They have no wine.”
- Jesus replied: “What would you have me do? My hour has not yet come.”
- Mary said to the waiters: “Do whatever he tells you.”
- There were six stone water jars, each holding fifteen to twenty gallons.
- Jesus bids the waiters to fill the jars with water, and then draw some out and take it to the chief steward.
- The chief steward said to the groom: “Every man serves the good wine first… but you have saved the good wine until now.”
- At Mary’s request, Jesus worked His first miracle.
- By His presence, Christian marriage was raised to the dignity of a Sacrament.
Spiritual Fruit: Desire for HolinessThe Fourth Luminous MysteryTHE TRANSFIGURATION
- “Repent, for the kingdom of God is at hand.”
- “My kingdom is not of this world.”
- “Unless a man be born again of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.”
- “Whoever does not accept the kingdom of God as a little child will not enter into it.”
- “I have come to call sinners, not the just.”
- “Love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you.”
- “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
- “Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice, for they shall be satisfied.”
- “Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
- “You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church… I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven.”
Spiritual Fruit: Spiritual Courage
The Fifth Luminous MysteryTHE INSTITUTION OF THE EUCHARIST
- Jesus took Peter, James and John up a high mountain to pray.
- Jesus was transfigured before them.
- “His face became as dazzling as the sun, his clothes as radiant as light.”
- This was to fortify their faith to withstand the coming tragedy of the Passion.
- Jesus foresaw the ‘scandal of the cross,’ and prepared them for it by this manifestation of His glory.
- Moses and Elias (representing the Law and the prophets of the Old Testament) were conversing with Jesus about His passion.
- “Do not think I have come to destroy the Law or the Prophets… but to fulfill them.”
- From a cloud came a voice: “This is my beloved Son, listen to Him.”
- Jesus admonishes them not to tell the vision to anyone until the Son of Man rises from the dead.
- We too will behold the transfigured Jesus on the Last Day.
Spiritual Fruit: Love of our Eucharistic Lord
- I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.
- Jesus took bread, blessed it: “Take and eat, this is My Body.”
- Taking the wine: “This cup is the new covenant in my Blood, shed for you.”
- At that eucharistic meal, Jesus celebrated the first Mass.
- At every Mass the sacrifice of Calvary is made present.
- At the Last Supper Jesus instituted the sacrament of Holy Orders to perpetuate this sacrifice.
- “Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.”
- The Eucharist is a sacrifice inasmuch as it is offered up, and a sacrament inasmuch as it is received.
- In the Mass we offer ourselves to God, and God gives himself to us.
- The Mass will be fruitful in the measure of our surrender to the Father.
When it had been reported to Sanballat, Tobiah, Geshem the Arab, and our other enemies that I had rebuilt the wall and that there was no breach left in it (though up to that time I had not yet set up the doors in the gates),
Sanballat and Geshem sent me this message: “Come, let us hold council together at Caphirim in the plain of Ono.” They were planning to do me harm.
However, I sent messengers to them with this reply: “I am engaged in a great enterprise and am unable to come down; why should the work stop, while I leave it to come down to you?”
Four times they sent me this same proposal, and each time I gave the same reply.
Then, the fifth time, Sanballat sent me the same message by one of his servants, who bore an unsealed letter
containing this text: “Among the nations it has been reported – Geshem is witness to this – that you and the Jews are planning a rebellion; that for this reason you are rebuilding the wall; and that you are to be their king” – and so on.
“Also, that you have set up prophets in Jerusalem to proclaim you king of Judah. Now, since matters like these must reach the ear of the king, come, let us hold council together.”
I sent him this answer: “Nothing of what you report has taken place; rather, it is the invention of your own mind.”
They were all trying to frighten us, thinking, “Their hands will slacken in the work, and it will never be completed.” But instead, I now redoubled my efforts.
I went to the house of Shemaiah, son of Delaiah, son of Mehetabel, who was unable to go about, and he said: “Let us meet in the house of God, inside the temple building; let us lock the doors of the temple. For men are coming to kill you; by night they are coming to kill you.”
My answer was: “A man like me take flight? Can a man like me enter the temple to save his life? I will not go!”
For on consideration it was plain to me that God had not sent him; rather, because Tobiah and Sanballat had bribed him, he voiced this prophecy concerning me
that I might act on it out of fear and commit this sin. Then they would have had a shameful story with which to discredit me.
Keep in mind Tobiah and Sanballat, O my God, because of these things they did; keep in mind as well Noadiah the prophetess and the other prophets who were trying to frighten me.
1 The wall was finished on the twenty-fifth day of Elul; it had taken fifty-two days.
When all our enemies had heard of this, and all the nations round about had taken note of it, our enemies lost much face in the eyes of the nations, for they knew that it was with our God’s help that this work had been completed.
2 At that same time, however, many letters were going to Tobiah from the nobles of Judah, and Tobiah’s letters were reaching them,
for many in Judah were in league with him, since he was the son-in-law of Shecaniah, son of Arah, and his son Jehohanan had married the daughter of Meshullam, son of Berechiah.
Thus they would praise his good deeds in my presence and relate to him whatever I said; and Tobiah sent letters trying to frighten me.